BOPSS has four types of membership:
- full members: United Kingdom and Irish specialist ophthalmologists with a significant oculoplastic sub-specialty interest
- associate members: oculoplastic specialists from other countries or non-oculoplastic specialists involved in the oculoplastic surgery
- honorary members: specialist ophthalmologists who have been members for at least three years and who have retired from practice
- trainee members: trainee ophthalmologists with a demonstrable commitment to oculoplastic surgery. This type of membership will expire following substantive appointment, as Specialist Ophthalmologists are not eligible.
The annual subscription for members is £100, payable by credit card. Overseas fellows and trainee members pay a discounted subscription of £50 (or £90 with online Orbit journal access).
You must, however, be logged in on this website. To login, enter your username and password (top of the page) and return to this page
- If you have received your username and password, but you have forgotten it, you can retrieve it on this page.
- If you have not yet received a username and password, you can create one yourself at this page.
- Contact us if you still cannot login after performing the above steps.
- Membership of a prestigious society
- Discounted registration for annual scientific meeting
- Awards: Eligibility for annual Publication and Collin Scholarship awards
- Orbit Journal full on-line access (extra fee for Trainee members)
- Voting rights at the Annual General Meeting and for committee member elections
- Eligibility for election to the Committee
- Website publicity: Inclusion of your name, hospital and sub-speciality
- Access to Case discussion forum
- Downloadable patient information leaflets and surgical complications lists for consent forms